Monday, November 4, 2019

In response to a Mama who was overwhelmed by the Sunday morning rush

I'm sure we all feel like we have too much on our plates some times. We are moms. I am convinced it's part of the title.
I currently have to get three kids under 4 dressed and fix the hair of two of them. Fix breakfast, nurse the baby, sometimes three times, bring my husband his clothes, dress myself and fix my own hair and make sure I have made enough food to feed us and visitors who may show up at church, for potluck every Sunday. My husband doesn't help with any of this because he studies to preach on Sunday mornings, usually, and we have two milk cows he milks by hand. SO girl you understand when I say: it ain't easy!!!

I used to feel a bit overwhelmed, and like he left so much to me. I know that I shouldn't ever disrespect him in my thoughts like that. Because, the Bible says to reverence my husband and synonyms for reverence are: adoration, admiration, awe, esteem, deference, loyalty, respect and approval.
Also, in Philippians 4:8 I am told: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

So obviously my silly thoughts had to GO! 😂 I mean he is doing an amazing job leading a church and his family, and if I were looking sad because he didn't help me out, it would be distracting him from what God is trying to show him to preach. 😬

I have been learning how to be self sufficient, as much as possible.
Here's a few corners I've cut:

Breakfast of healthy cereal and milk. Kids eat in their pajamas to save their Sunday clothes.

Baths on Saturday night.

Make the same two meals for church. Rotate each week. I make cheap yummy casseroles and desserts I can pull together in a few minutes either Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Desserts: Peanut Butter Cookie bars (no dropping by spoonfuls! 😁) or Cherry Dump Cake. (I can cherry pie filling, so it's super easy.)
Casseroles: Veggies diced or sliced and chopped cooked meat, covered with shredded cheese and canned crescent rolls.
Haitian Spaghetti: Spaghetti noodles, cooked, sauteed onions, ketchup, thyme, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Sliced precooked sausage or hotdog type of meat. I used homemade balgona we can in bulk each year.

Wash Sunday clothes on Monday, if needed, and when I put them away, put the outfits together for next week. If you don't like wearing the same thing each Sunday, rotate the clothes, but keep them in a "no touch" area for the kids, so they will be ready for Sunday.

Try to have the house clean Saturday night. It helps me keep a clear mind.

Simple hairstyles.

Making my husband extra happy each Saturday night. 😉 Saves time on Sunday, and helps us sleep good.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment